Saturday, December 6, 2008

Little Nuggets of Joy

Tis the season where many of us look for opportunities to do kind things for others, and when others do kind things for us. The spreading of kindness brings joy and happiness to many all around the world. I like to call such deads Nuggets of Joy.

I frequently am the recipient of Nuggets of Joy, and I do feel bless by this (okay...this is getting cheessy...keep reading). My Nuggets of Joy come from when someone does something kind, or when someone does something stupid that I can make fun of.

An example......

I was on my way to work a few days ago. Taking the same route I normally take, I know that there are area's where cops love to camp out and get those who speed. At one point in the road, it curves and immediately becomes a school zone.

I was traveling behind a vehicle that kept cutting me off, they almost hit a pedestrian, and was just about to incite road rage within me.

As we both traveled around this curve of the road, I (the one who travels it daily and oh...there are always multiple bike cops awaiting any speeders) slowed down. The Tool cut off another car and as I said to myself "where are the police?" That is when out of no where....da da da da...a bike cop PULLED OVER THE TOOL!

Now I know that this is a season for giving. So I want to say thank you to that Tool for giving me my daily Nugget of Joy!

No comments: