Sunday, March 8, 2009

Drunken Fireman, Prosititues, and the Annual 4th of July Parade

My wife and I were going through our pictures on our digital camera today. We saw pictures from last summer and were reminiscing about a past family trip. Then we came across pictures from the town's 4th of July parade. There were the cheerleaders cheering their way down the street. The 4h ridding their horses, lots and lots of old cars and fire engines. Then something that surprised me a bit.

In the town that I grew up, the fireman always walked the parade while they drank beer. Now I am not sure what kind of message this has (other than the fireman are fat and drunk). Last year though...the fireman followed the local D.A.R.E truck. Yes, the one govermenental progam that teaches kids to not drink, smoke, and do drugs. I thought that it was kinda ironic that the ones who in this community should represent not being drunken slobs were walking the parade route following the one thing that they should be supporting.

Later on in the parade, I was surprised by one more thing (not that I should be surprised). Now I have to disclose...In this community, it provides anyone with the opportunity to advertise. This parade did not discriminate.

All of the sudden, out of nowhere, there was the float with the city Prostitutes handing out candy to the children. What the CRACK?!@$!@$? Does no one in this community think that there is something wrong with this?

As I have blogged before...these Prostitues are not the type of women you see shakin' their rumps in a Jay Z video. They are ugly, nasty, disgusting women who look like they have worked really, really, really hard in their lives.

Needless to say...some communities are just so jacked up! To think that it is socially acceptable to have the drunken fire fighters promoting drinking, and the Prosititues ridding a float with a big sign on the side of it....it tells me how dumb some people are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly where you are talking about. I have yet to understand what the hell the people here are thinking as well. -Desi