Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Gift........

So...today while I was driving to work, I was doing my typically thing. I like to look at others while they drive. It is funny to see how many people pick their noise, text while driving, put on makeup, and...I even saw a women curl her hair. While all of this puts me in a good mood, I was uncharacteristically unhappy today.

My unhappiness came from having to look at all of the ugly people that I was passing while driving. I kid you not...I passed 8 men who had mountain men goatees. Do you know what I am talking about? These are the type of goatees that are never shaven. They are bushy and I am certain that flies live inside of them. What the Crack!!! Why would anyone want one of those. As I passed each person, I thought to myself..."Why do you have a mountain man goatee. You do not live in the mountains, but the city. Shave that thing off!"

As I continued to work, I noticed another person who had weird facial hair. They had the kind of facial hair where is is grown in patches. The odd thing was that I could not tell what gender this person was. Here's a hint...if people can not tell what gender you are...you should not have facial hair.

This leads me to the title of this rant...The Gift. I have decided to go by a new name. No longer shall I be called I Am King, but rather The Gift. I realized today while driving to work that I am a Gift.

Everyday, I awake and make a good attempt to put myself together. Sometimes I miss the mark and I don't look as good as I should (this is a rare occasion), but I always make an attempt. With all of the ugly people in the world, I have decided that I am a Gift to the world. A Gift of beauty, awesomeness, one whom others are jealous of (one of my main goals in life), and yes...very self aware.

This brings me to one of the goals of the foundation 10,000 Strong. Please help us by combs for the ugly by donating $1 today. This can be done through Pay pal to todaysrant@gmail.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are quite the Gift! Although, just for the record...I have watched the Gift change a complete outfit behind the wheel (shoes, pants, shirt, and even the socks)...Yes - he was driving at the time. Do I appreciate the Gift? Yes, but sometimes the Gift is one of those people that provide nuggets of joy for someone else (ME)!