Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Trip to the Social Security Administration of the United States of America...Part 2

If you have ever been to the Social Security Administration of the United States of America office, you will notice that everyone there is UGLY!!!! I kid you not...if you want proof go. I felt bad for all of the Social Security Administration of the United States of America workers. Just think....they spend their day looking out from their plexi glass windows at a sea of ugliness (not that they had any beauty to write home about). Perhaps it is the bad florecent lighting.

They also had a security guard that made me laugh. His job was to sit behind a desk, and periodically stand infront of the room with his hands on his hips and stare at us. Just think how pissed he must have been to awake one morning and realize that he is the security guard at the Social Security Administration of the United States of America. How he must make a difference in the lives of others....Anyway....

As the we approached my number (they called A100....) I started to get the hibbie geebiees. My legs started shaking because I was sooo excited that my number was approaching. When my number got called, I went up to the window, and the Social Security Administration of the United States of America employee said can I see your identlification. I explained that I did not have a drivers license, but I had my medical records. The man explianed that the Social Security Administration of the United States of America would not accept this (even though I told him that I called and this is what I was instructed to do). He asked if I had a health card and I said yes...he told me that they would accept that. I was surprised that a simple health card would be acceptable (that acutally concerns me beacuse anyone could walk in with a health card). He then asked if I needed a temopary Social Security Card and I said sure....and asked if the DMV would accept that (that way...I could also get a drivers license). He then went on to say that this is the Social Security Administration of the United States of America and any form from them is a legal document of the Federal Government of the United States of America. And with that, the DMV would have to accept it. I thought "SCORE" I could accomplish two things in one day.

On to the DMV.....

No comments: